Update June 6, 2020

      
So excited to finally announce a reopening date! We will be opening all
classes beginning Monday, June 15th. Please watch your mail for details. I
finished meeting with my assistants a few minutes ago, and we are all SO
ready to be back with you all!



Update May 29, 2020


Per Governor Walz, we are NOT included in the types of businesses that are
allowed to reopen at this time, and no time frame has been given as to when
that will happen. I will not be able to offer a reopening date at this time.

If you look at the Minnesota Employment and Economic Development website,
(https://mn.gov/deed/newscenter/covid/safework/safe-reopening/ ) guidelines
for studios to reopen aren’t even available to click on yet. Minnesota’s Stay
Safe phased reopening plan lists gyms, studios, and classes able to begin
phased reopening in phase 3. We are currently in phase 1, and phase 2
begins June 1st, with no additional dates given.

Also, I need to take into consideration the ability to hold our recital, even if we
are able to get the work done. Theaters will not be allowed to open until phase
4, and even then, “large events” will not be allowed. No numbers are given as
to what constitutes a large event. I have contacted Concordia to see if they
can offer any guidance on this, but have not heard back from them yet.

Unfortunately, folks, it looks like we may be leaning toward reopening next
September. I am still hoping that we will be able to start in the next 2 weeks or
so, but I must adhere to the governor’s mandates. Just because we want
something really badly, doesn’t mean it can happen.

I am NOT throwing in the towel yet, but will need to decide by the middle of
June. This would all be so much easier if definitive dates were given. Thank
you for your patience as we try to get through this.



Update May 14th, 2020

We must remain closed through June 1st, per Gov Walz. There really is
nothing new to add. SORRY! Please continue to check for updates.

Update May 2, 2020

Once again, due to the “Stay at Home” order by Minnesota Governor Walz,
we will be canceling all classes through May 18th.

Once/if we are able to reopen, it is likely that we will do it in stages, beginning
with the oldest students, and adding the younger kids later. Figuring out the
social distancing aspect of in-person dance classes may be difficult,
but definitely easier to maintain with the older kids.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to the April 10th mailing. The
majority of you are planning to attend summer classes and participate in the
August recital. In fact, so far, there are only 3 students that may not be able to
participate due to previously planned trips that may or may not happen.  :)

If you have not responded yet, PLEASE do so. I understand that no one can
100% commit, because none of us has a magic crystal ball to predict what the
situation will be, but I do need to have an idea of what to expect if conditions
are favorable, especially from those of you holding the more important roles in
the recital.

Please note: It is extremely difficult to reach everyone, except by snail mail,
so it would be very helpful if everyone could
continue to watch our Facebook page, and here for updates.

Update April 9th, 2020

We will be extending our class cancellation through May 3rd, per Governor
Walz's order. Please watch your mail for more information.


Update March 27, 2020

Due to the “Stay at Home” order by Minnesota Governor Walz, we will be
canceling all classes through April 10th.

I will not be able to offer online classes for several reasons, including music
license agreements and insurance issues.

Recital news: I heard from Concordia the other day. Because our recital is
scheduled for after May 10th, at this point they will be allowing us in.
Of course, that could change.

If we are able to get back in the studio after April 10th, we would be able to
finish our recital dances in time to perform on our scheduled dates,
however, if there is more of a delay, we would likely need to postpone.

Another issue is that some of the costumes we are waiting for come from
costume companies that are shut down, so no idea when
those would be arriving.

So, all of this means we are still in “wait and see” mode.

Please remember to keep checking here and on Facebook for updates.


Update March 17, 2020

Unfortunately, we must adhere to the guidelines set forth by our local, state,
and federal officials. Therefore, all classes will be canceled from
Wednesday, March 18th through March 30th.
At that point, we will reevaluate.

Tuition:

Missed classes in March will be made up at the end of our season.

In the event that we need to extend our closure, please
do not send April
tuition
. If we would be able to return to classes part-way through April, tuition
would be prorated. If you have pre-paid for April, tuition or partial
tuition would be refunded.

Please continue to check for updates as we navigate through this situation.




Original statement, March 15, 2020

COVID-19 Policy

I’ve been thinking about this issue a lot over the last few days, as we all have.
There are so many things to consider, and no easy answers. I welcome any
input you may have, and as always, feel free to call or text any time.
218-233-4166.

CLASSES

At this point, I plan to continue classes as usual. Of course, this policy may
change as the situation progresses. I will take cues from other local
businesses, and the local school systems, as well as the cities of Moorhead
and Fargo.

I do not have the ability to hold online classes, and even if I did, it would be
too difficult to work on group dances, etc. Therefore, if classes would need to
be canceled, the time would be made up at the end of the season.

I realize that many of you may have high risk family members, and in these
cases I would encourage you to keep your kids home.


RECITAL

We fully intend to perform our recital as planned. Any rehearsal time lost
could be made up on weekends. If there would be a need to cancel, either
due to “large gathering” policies, or the venue closing, we would make every
effort to reschedule for sometime in June. It is my hope that everyone would
choose to continue and participate. I would cancel the performance only if
there are no other options, for example if I wouldn't be able to find an
available venue.

TUITION

Tuition will be due as usual, and classes missed due to cancellation would be
made up by extending the season. If you choose to keep your kids home
because of high risk family members, I will work with you on an individual
basis. Please remember that the studio bills and responsibilities continue,
even if we need to cancel classes for a couple of weeks.

FINAL THOUGHTS

These policies will be reevaluated on a day-to-day basis. Stay updated by
checking our Facebook page, and the studio website, www.camriaballet.com.