Unfortunately, it has become necessary to make some drastic changes to our recital plan. Concordia’s emergency
response team has decided that they will not be able to allow large, outside groups on campus, since COVID cases are on
the rise in our region. I was given this information on Wednesday, July 29th, and immediately began searching for another
performance venue. I was able to find a few alternatives, but none offered everything we would need to be able to do our
recital as it has been planned. Some places were carpeted, others had no place for costume changes and would have
required tent rental, some were WAY too expensive, but most places just flat out said they aren’t renting out right now.
Believe me, I contacted as many likely venues as possible, indoors and out.
When I wasn't having any luck with changing venues, I proposed the following idea to Concordia, and they agreed. I
understand this is not ideal, and I wish more than ABSOLUTELY ANYONE that things could just be normal, but
Here is the basic plan. You will receive a more detailed schedule sometime this weekend. It is going to take a ton of work to
figure this out and get it organized. I appreciate your patience as I work it out.
Each ballet class will be assigned a time to come to Concordia to have their dances recorded on Saturday, August 8th. We
will record ALL dances they are involved in. So for example, the Friday 5:10 ballet class will be assigned a time, and we will
record their ballet, jazz, lyrical, and tap dances, and all of their special dances. Then they will leave and the next group will
arrive. This schedule will be ready some time this weekend.
I will then put together a complete recital video, in the proper order, and it should be ready in 2 – 3 weeks, just as planned.
We will not allowed to have an audience, and all ticket checks will be returned. If you have included a video on your ticket
check, you will need to write a new one.
ACT REHEARSAL CANCELED FOR AUGUST 1ST:
Because our recital will not be performed in order, we will not need to get together to rehearse it that way, therefore, I am
canceling this rehearsal.
DRESS REHEARSAL AND PHOTOS CANCELED FOR AUGUST 7TH:
I am trying to work out an idea for having pictures taken at our studio on Sunday, August 9th, but my photographer is still
working on his schedule to see if we can make this happen. More info will follow soon.
ALL PERFORMANCES FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 8TH AND 9TH:
REGULAR CLASSES FRIDAY, AUGUST 7TH:
Because dress rehearsal is canceled, regular classes will be held that day.
At this point I am simply grateful for the opportunity to get this recital captured on video. So many dance studios were not
able to do any type of recital at all, and I hope you all realize how blessed we truly are that we will be allowed to do this.
Again, I am so sorry. Please know that I am aware of how much you feel let down. I feel it just as much.
Each parent will receive a phone call sometime this weekend to explain more fully, answer questions, and provide the
Thank you so much for you understanding and support.